Being Bruin: By The Numbers
Published Jan 1, 2009 8:00 AM
Think you know UCLA history? Here’s your chance to prove it.
Take the UCLA History Project's latest trivia quiz and see how well you fare. You can find the answers on the next page.
1. Which of the following has not been the name of the campus newspaper?
a. Daily Bruin
b. Cub Californian
c. California Daily Bruin
d. What’s Bruin
2. What was the first structure to be built on the Westwood campus?
a. Royce Hall
b. College Library
c. Kerckhoff Hall
d. Arroyo Bridge
3. What type of animal is featured at the base of the flagpole in Dickson Plaza?
4. Bruins have won Olympic medals in all of the following sports except:
5. What is the approximate number of living UCLA alumni?
6. What is the first line of UCLA's alma mater?
a. Alma mater, we praise you
b. Hail to the hills of Westwood
c. We are the mighty Bruins
d. We are the sons of Westwood
7. Prior to the Rose Bowl Stadium, where did the Bruins play their home football games?
a. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
b. Marymount High School
c. Occidental College
d. There was no football team prior to the Rose Bowl
8. How many steps are there in Janss Steps?
9. To date, which of the following has not been a recipient of the UCLA Medal?
a. Carl E. Sagan
b. Kofi Annan
c. Ella Fitzgerald
d. Stephen Hawking
10. What was the first surgical procedure performed at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center?
a. Heart transplantation
c. Cesarean section
Answers are on the next page.